Hornchurch Academy Trust


What are the School Office opening hours?

The School office opens at 8.40 am and closes again from 9.15 am to 11.45 am. The school office is a very busy environment and closing the office for this period allows staff to carry out essential tasks. During this time the office will only be able to allow access for scheduled appointments or emergencies. The school office closes at 4.30 pm each day.

How do I find out what is happening in school?

We are very proud of our school website and this should be your first port of call if you need any information regarding upcoming school events/activities. Information is also sent via Parentpay. You will receive your Parentpay activation letter on the first day back in September, please ensure you activate your account as soon as possible so you do not miss out on important messages. Our newsletters also include upcoming dates for your diary.

Who do I inform of a change of contact details?

It may be necessary to contact you urgently. Please make sure that you keep the School Office informed of any change of address or telephone numbers.

What do I do if my child is sick?

On the first day of absence parents/carers should telephone the school absence line giving the reason for the child’s absence. It is also important that you confirm the reason in writing when your child returns to school, otherwise they will receive an unauthorised mark for the absence. Please note that if your child is off sick for more than 5 consecutive days medical evidence must be provided upon return or the absence will be recorded as unauthorised.

How do I request leave of absence for my child?

The school has a zero tolerance on term time holidays and we hope that holidays will be arranged in the school holiday periods. Leave will not be granted unless there are exceptional circumstances. A leave of absence form must be completed for any absence which is not illness. This is available on our website.

What do I do if my child is late for school?

Your child’s punctuality is very important. Please make every effort to ensure your child arrives for school on time as arriving late is disruptive and unsettling for your child and their class. All late arriving pupils must report to the office and sign in using the Iventry sign-in system. Registers close at 9.15 am, if your child arrives after this time they will receive an unauthorised mark for the morning session unless an appointment card is provided.

What do I do if my child has an appointment during school hours?

We would always encourage you to make appointments outside of school hours but understand this is not always possible. If your child has an appointment during the school day please provide the office with a copy of the appointment letter/card.

What do I do if someone else if collecting my child?

You will have an end of day collections arrangements letter in your pack, please complete and return this as soon as possible. We will not release a child to a person who is not on the collection form, unless we have been informed by the parent/carer in advance in writing or by telephone. A note will then be sent to class to inform the teacher.

If I need to speak to my child’s class teacher when is the best time?

Parents evenings are formal occasions held twice a year for parents and teachers to discuss child’s progress and exchange information. Should you feel it necessary to speak to the teacher at another time that may take longer than a quick word after school please contact the office to make an appointment.

Where do I purchase school uniform?

M & S is our main provider of school uniform. Certain items are also available from Havering Schoolwear. You can also buy uniform from any major retailer as long as the uniform policy is followed. Please refer to the School website for a full list of uniform.

M&S Your School UniformHavering School Wear

How do I pay for my child’s lunch?

On the first day back in September, you will receive a letter with your sQuid registrations details. The account needs to be topped up in advance and kept in credit in order for your child to have a school dinner.

Request for Copies

If you require a paper copy of the information on this website, please contact us.